Blogophilia 52.4 Topic: "Friendly Ferrets"
Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2pts): Use the line 'no stop till Brooklyn"
(Easy, 1pt): include a rabbit
GBE2
WEEK #40 (2-19-12 to 2-25-12): Write Jane’s Tale
Last week, one of our members ended up in the emergency room and when she left, she had 27 stitches on her cheek. Ouch, right? So here’s where we come in. We need to give Jane a better story. A tantalizing tale that she can tell when the askers ask. Bar fight, crazy coworker, or troubled lover? Sure! Unfortunate incident at the vet’s office? Maybe. Alien encounter? Huh, could be. You get the idea. Run with it. Have fun with it. Write Jane’s Tale.
BFF:
BFF #169 is "Tears of a Clown".
“Events will take their course,it is no good of being angry at them;he
is happiest who wisely turns them to the best account.” ~Euripides
quotes
Captain K: How did he make the rabbit disappear in a hat, Mom?
Irene: Well,
in the first place, it wasn’t a real rabbit in there. It was just fabricated
and the magician moved it as realistically as possible.
Captain K: But
it looked so real!
Irene: Believe me honey. No rabbit would allow
herself to be treated that way, ears
being pulled out from the hat. You want me to try it on you?
Captain K: Ouucchhh!! No, way!
Irene: I guess people are just like that rabbit in
a hat. People may believe us for real when we put up a good front. And so are the magicians and the
clowns in the circus.
Captain K: Why? Aren’t we real?
Irene: You know what’s nice being a kid? You can
live in a fantasy world and no one will mock on you , whereas, us adults, we
sometimes need to put up a good front .
Captain K:Why would grown-ups do that?
Irene:Because we don’t want to look ridiculous. We
always need to look strong...and happy ....and able...just like how
grown-ups should be.
Captain K:I don’t want to be a grown-up then!
Irene: Well, it’s either you grow up and be like
the rest of us or you be a clown! Either way, loneliness and tragedies can be
masked with laughter. The only difference is, no one would notice the tears
behind the clown.People would always assume you’re always happy but somebody
will always ferret out the truth from us with the slightest hint of sorrow.
Captain K: Then, I don’t want to be a clown either!
Wouldn’t it be more lonely to have no one asking you if you’re ok or not? Oh, look at them!
Captain K was pointing at those high-flyers doing stunt
rehearsal for the night. Jane was being held up by some male acrobats and about
to be tossed up high into the air.
Elizabeth: Hey,Jane! Be careful!
Jane: Throw me up guys as high as you can!
Elizabeth: Easy! You’re just starting to learn!
Tyler was briefing everybody about the routine.
Tyler: Before
she reaches that height, you have to catch Jane mid-air .Push her towards that
area until she gains momentum to go on her own,release her hand and that guy
over there on the far left side of this stadium will throw that swinging bar to her .
Tyler turned around to face Jane.
Tyler: And you Jane should
grab that flying trapeze as fast as you can and continue swinging back and
forth, repeating the routine thrice. On your final routine, halfway, this same
guy who tossed you around will grab your hand and will safely land you on the
ground. But while you are up there,don’t attempt to stop in the middle Jane ..no stop ‘till Brooklyn! Or
you’ll end up in a rabbit hole. No worries, those friendly “ferrets” down here will be here to catch you if
you slip. Plus there’s a safety net ,so no worries. Am I right,boys?
The boys winked at Jane.
Tyler: (whispering to Jane) Be careful Jane, they
bite. They are nocturnal sleeping whole day and hunting cute rabbits like you at
night J Ok,let’s
do it!
And so they did the aerial tricks as instructed.
Jane was flying high looking like a modern goddess in her distressed Calvin
Klein shorts. She was on her final routine and everything was going perfectly
but events would take their course and disregard her feelings and volatility.
Accident pays no respect for anyone’s worth. It sees not the circumstances
surrounding the victim. It strikes when it wants to strike. And so it did. Just
when the high-flying catcher was about to get Jane, a bird came by as if
wanting to join the spectacle, disrupting him from snatching Jane on time . To
his surprise, Jane was able to manage to hold his pants instead ,making her
swing uncontrollably towards a chandelier giving it a shake .As she fell on the
arms of the other high-flyers, a piece of the chandelier dropped on her face.
She was just lucky that none of it went to her eyes because she just closed her
eyes while she was falling down, succumbing to the inevitable instead of
resisting it ...trusting the unknown..leaving everything to chance.
Irene: Oh my God! Is she ok?
Trevor: She looks ok except for some wounds on her
face. No bone fracture I think. We’ll bring her to the hospital.
Captain K: Mom, what about the show?
Just before she could answer, the host grabbed a
mike and made an announcement.
Trevor: Ladies and gentlemen, I am sorry for a
slight interruption but the show must go on!
Captain K: Mom, that host is putting up a good front as if
nothing happened just now!
Irene: Sometimes we need that honey to keep the whole
world turning. We just have to live this life no matter how unpleasant it may
seem sometimes. No stop ‘till Brooklyn.
Captain K: And when we get to Brooklyn,do we get to eat a pizza?
Irene: Hahaha! That reminds me. Let's grab a bite before we watch the show.
A couple of weeks after, on a big coliseum, a crowd was cheering for a group of circus high-flyers. The female acrobat took a bow and threw flying kisses to everybody. The curtain closed as the crowd was screaming a name...
Crowd: Jane!!!! More!!!More!!!!
It was a thunderous applause which almost shook the coliseum. Everybody loved Jane. It wasn't a surprise he was cast in Moulin Rouge and Phantom of the Opera theater plays the year after because she didn't allow her scars to stop her from pursuing her passion. In fact, she was always heard saying,
"My scar is beautiful. It looks like an arrow." ~Carly Simon



Wow, what a clever twist!! I loved your take on this weeks challenge with Jane swinging high on a flying trapeze. Good job!
ReplyDeleteKathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/
Thanks Kathy! Nice firsting!:)
DeleteYou just wover it all together. It was a delicious read :D
ReplyDeleteThanks Sue! Sometimes a delicious dish requires only one thing: fresh ingredients!Some of the prompts are new to me and I always get excited using new vocabularies :)
DeleteThis was great! I enjoyed every minute of it. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks RedBrook :) Hope to see here again :)
DeleteI like the way you are pushing my limits - although maybe the gulf between dancers and aerialist isn't that wide? This definately makes me smile
ReplyDeleteTM
Hahaha!Just between you and me, I think, I was only elementary when I watched this kind of exhibition and so I was actually struggling to narrate a realistic choreography and routines.You really are very observant and keen on details and that makes me smile,too :) Thanks TM! I couldn't think of anyone who could fit into the role I gave you than you :)
DeleteNicely done! Those trapeze artists make it look so effortless, can you imagine? Not me!!! Good job this week weaving together all these difficult prompts. I am momentarily stumped! HUGS
ReplyDeleteColleen!Stumped?! Hahaha! Coming from you, I am definitely flattered! ((hugging you back))!!
DeleteWow, what a wonderful job of weaving all your prompts together. Great story!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kat! Yes,sometimes, blogging is pretty much like a job except we don't get paid :)
Deletenice story. well done.
ReplyDeleteThanks Danne :)Half-baked actually.There's something I still wanted to add about Jane finding a new passion in make-up and becoming a most sought-after make-up artist, but that would be too long for everybody to read already :)
Deletebrilliant!
ReplyDeleteThanks Brenda! Sometimes we get pretty lucky with the prompts :)
DeleteWhen I was a little girl, the trapeze artists were my favorite. I love how they swung effortlessly through the air. This piece is so very fitting. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteOh,Jane! That made all my effort worth it! I was actually thinking before if I should do some background check on you first before writing this piece,hahaha! But sometimes, you just have to throw everything to chance!You just made my day!Thank you so much! All the best for you Jane!:)
DeleteGreat story! The trapeze artists always gave me scares. I have a thing about heights :( Great story with a great ending!
ReplyDeleteDave aka Nissmech
I have a thing about heights too Dave! That's exactly why I went parasailing and mountain climbing year 2010 to overcome that fear because the only way to overcome your fear is to just dive into it. It was glorious! But not in a million years I would attempt being a trapeze artist!I guess I am afraid more of depths because no way you can convince me to try scuba-diving at this moment. It's something I am still working on. But I really would like to try it at least once before I lose all the courage to try new things :)
Delete*clears throat* Not sure what those other groups give you but from Blogophilia you get 8 points for this write Earthling! :)
ReplyDeleteMarvin Martian
Hahaha! Marvin! You have no idea how much I slave for those points to buy myself a ticket to Mars someday!Thanks!! (dropping all the points in my saving box)!!
Deletewell the show must go one!! .... lol...
ReplyDeleteI loved this for so many reasons Feather Pen
but the main reason was to cheer Jane up and that is an awesome thing to do ... your a real friend indeed.... I applaud you...
and the fact you made me into the Host... which means Jane can tell me off for letting birds fly into the tent ... ahahah...
but most of all for the way you let me see and experience all the fun of the circus with its thrills and excitement...
and then to finish off with a brilliant song and dance act by the clowns...
I really enjoyed this my friend... it is a really good read..
trev
Thanks Trev! I'm glad I was able to transmit the fun of the circus and entertain Jane of course :)
DeleteAlways happy to cheer everyone especially good friends like you :)
I'm amazed that you weaved all those prompts into this! Nicely done!!
ReplyDeleteI tried posting different posts for each group before but at the end of the week, I was gasping and trying to catch my breath,LOL! This method solved the problem.:)And we get to party all together!
DeleteBrilliant. Another excellent, original idea for our Jane to use :o)
ReplyDeleteThanks Mojo! Hope she does make use of this :) Reading her comment above, I was actually happy to learn that she had fascination about those trapeze artists when she was little. Got really lucky guessing on that one :)
Deletei really liked this. It took me back to my under the tent adventures and Beastie Boys
ReplyDelete:) You must have lived an interesting life! lol!Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteWow--I loved this. I loved the twist!! EXCELLENT story on what happened to Jane!! HE HE HE!! Cheers, Jenn
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenn! Jane must have gone through a lot of "twisting" up there,hehehe.
DeleteFun, full of action, and good moral lessons, The show must go on and as a hopless romantic, loved the fact that they loved Jane and she got into the Moulon Rouge
ReplyDeleteLaura! I am so glad that you were able to find the lesson behind the comedy.:)That's precisely the point of this post aside of course from the 8 points I get from a Martian :)
DeleteWow! This was fantastic! I felt like flying through the air with Jane! But not me! i do not like heights...I hope Jane recovers well!
ReplyDeleteJoanie
Thanks Joanie! I must say, you are already flying high in perfect elegance!:)
DeleteHey there! Hope you're having a wonderful day! I'd like to give you The Versatile Blogger Award. You can get it here: http://pleasing2theeye.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award.html
ReplyDeleteCheers! :)
Thanks MB! I appreciate that :) I hope your day is great too!
Delete