Blogophilia 44.4 Topic: "Noisy Loud Neighbor"
Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2pts): include a character from a nursery rhyme
(Easy, 1pt): let a character serve cheesecake and share a bottle of Tullamore Dew
INT. (AT THE RESTAURANT BAR)
Barbara left the stage for a break and the restaurant bar was filled with people exchanging conversations and laughter.The bar was full and there's no room to swing a cat.
Brian: Are you having a great time?
Ruth: Yeah, this place is marvelous!
Brian: It’s an Irish-owned bar. I know the owner.He was my noisy loud neighbor back when I was in High School. He would always host parties because his parents were always out of the country. I wasn’t surprised at all when I learned that he opened a chain of bars spanning the whole metropolis.
Emcee: Ladies and gentlemen, let’s give a warm round of applause to Humpty Dumpty!!!
(Sound of everybody clapping for a man dressed in a Humpty Dumpty costume)
Humpty Dumpty: Tonight, we are giving 10% discount on any alcoholic drinks in the house! And to start off the party, I will go around and share a bottle or two of Tullamore Dew with you! Each one will have a FREE shot of this Irish Whiskey! Should you want another shot after that, we will be standing by to take your orders!
(Crowd cheering).
Humpty Dumpty: But before I move around and hand your free shots of Tullamore Dew, here’s a puzzle to solve .And anyone who gives the best answer, takes the whole bottle for FREE!!!
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses, And all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again!
Why did Humpty Dumpty fall off the wall?
A: Because he’s too fat!
B: Somebody pushed him!
C: The wind blew him over!
Ruth: He had too much Tullamore Dew!
Brian: Ok, let me rephrase that. Humpty Dumpty was actually a large cannon which was placed on a castle wall, unfortunately too close to the edge and it fell to the ground and broke. Despite their best efforts, the cavalry and the infantry were unable to repair the great cannon because they had too much Tullamore Dew.
Humpty Dumpty: We have a winner! (Went over to Brian and Ruth’s table) It’s my pleasure to serve you this bottle of Tullamore Dew as your prize for guessing the riddle right and a slice of cheesecake for the lady. Enjoy the rest of the night!
Brian: Would you like to order a separate drink if you are not used to whiskey?
Ruth: Hell,no! We worked hard to get this drink!
Brian: I think it’s a good time for you to understand what I do.
Ruth: I think I know already. I finished that magazine you left in the couch.And I did a bit of research on the side. Put the puzzles together. You’re trying to bring the future to the present as if the future is a fixed entity that can not be altered.You’re saying that by travelling to the future, you were able to see how the future society runs things, the cure for cancer specifically.So, tell me, did you see me in the future? Geez, this is absurd using “did” to refer to a future event.
Ruth got a piece of folded tissue from the tissue holder.
Ruth: If this flat surface was the future Brian, where would I be? What am I doing? Are we together?
Brian: To be honest, I didn’t see you there. If you were there in the future, I would have not returned to Earth.
Ruth: You know why I wasn’t there? Because my present is not determined by my future. My present evolves.Your future is made while my future is in process. I am shaping the future while you are being shaped by the future you believe is final.
Brian: I have a vision Ruth.
Ruth: That is not a vision Brian. You are just executing, worse is, narrating an already fixed event.Where is the very essence of humanity there? Our hunger to ponder and solve the mysteries of life?
Brian: You don’t understand. You have to come with me to see for yourself. You simply won’t be able to grasp this completely while on Earth.It’s an entirely different dimension.
Ruth: You know what I find funny? The fact that you believe that the future can affect the present.Haven’t you figured it out that from your point of reference, we from the present and all the events taking place in the here and now are already your past? The future can not save the present Brian. But the present can save the future.That’s how I understand it.
Brian: I have another theory why I couldn’t find you in the future.
Ruth: And what is that?
Brian: I lost you along the way.
Ruth: Something must have happened along the way.
Brian: Yes.
Ruth: What happened? And you have to be quick as Blogophilia members don’t have all day to listen to our nonsense.Be considerate this is almost New Year (LOL!!!)
Brian went on explaining to Ruth their past and all the details she needed to know why she had no recollection of him. Ruth was listening intently. Brian explained further about his mission.
Brian: Now, you know everything. Ruth? Ruth? Oh no! She passed out! Ruth, can you walk? Obviously not.
Brian carried Ruth on his back and since Ruth had too much alcohol, it wouldn’t be a good idea to bring her back to the medical facility that way. He tried to navigate his way despite being drunk as a skunk but made a wrong turn and before he knew it, they were in the woods. He tripped over a stone and Ruth was awakened because of that.
Ruth: Why are we here?
Brian: Why did Humpty Dumpty fall of the wall?
Ruth: Oh, because he had too much Tullamore Dew!
Brian: Yes! Same reason why we are here in the woods.
Ruth: So are we going to get another free bottle?
Brian: Not anymore Ruth. Just a free ride on my back I guess.


You're so very talented. I love where this week's challenging theme took you. Awesome Blogophilia 44.4, Ruz! ~barb k~
ReplyDeleteBarb!Thank you so much! You keep my page over here alive :D
ReplyDeleteI love the format over here. ♥ great work Ruz! Funny and clever work!
ReplyDeleteYes Divinia, it could have been a perfect blogging spot if there were more people here :-( Maybe in time :D Thanks for being here! <3
ReplyDelete