"You sit down and write whatever comes into your mind for 15 straight minutes. The goal is not to write a story, article, or even anything coherent. It’s a word purge. A stream of consciousness babble-fest, and it’s a wonderful way to unleash your creativity."
All I hear in this room is the ticking of the clock...2
clocks actually like a time bomb telling me that something is going to
happen,that something needs to happen.What if I don’t like anything to happen?
I had the sweetest nap in years! Kids just came back from
their Christmas vacation with their Dad.They had all these stories that would
last a year to listen to all of them. My
younger daughter said, “Mom missed us so much that she doesn’t want to
go to her room to sleep eventhough we are noisy and the room is bright with the
fluorescent light.” And then they too took a nap with me. I was like a mother
cat who just gave birth ,surrounded by small kittens. I’ve never researched on
that.Why animals when they give birth, they usually come in big batch? Is it
because they have a short life than us and need to make everything fast the
quickest possible time? That must be a stupid theory.
I think I will be doing this free writing exercise on my own
more often . I am very bad at keeping journals but I never figured it out why.
But now I know.Because I was always striving for perfection in grammar,spelling
and orderly flow.But with this method, I can just always pour anything that comes to my mind . I heard great writers really
write tons of pages a day. I remember before I started on blogging, I couldn’t
write even a paragraph. I used to write for school when I was a student but
when I got out of college, I had no opportunity to write anything. Maybe I just
didn’t find the opportunity to write. Clearly, I just didn’t write. I could
have written anywhere.
I think if one wants to be a good writer, one has to act
like he has schizonophria ( i have to google this word for spelling) .No, I
know this word, schizonophribia. The first one sounds better. Anyway, I was
trying to say, I’ve noticed that a writer somehow hears voices .Sometimes, I am
tempted to record the dialogues going on in my mind. Yeah, what if I end my
deja vu series with this. Ruth has schizonophibia and everything that was
happening was just a product of her imagination? Time is up. I love this
exercise. I can see how crazy I am.
Note: After the 15 minutes allotted time, I googled the word ..
Damn! None of the two spellings are correct. schizonophrenia ...
SCHIZOPHRENIA
I still had to look that spelling 5 times. Paulo Coelho said something like this in one of his books, "Once is not enough." He was talking about achieving mastery on anything.


Love your post. Free writing is cathartic. Me, I'm lazy, I just fast forward to free speech and bleet my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteNice blog! Sometimes while I'm driving around town running errands, I hear my writing voice and it tells a complete story and I'm really liking it! If only I could push the "re-cord" button and listen to it at home and copy it.
ReplyDeleteWriters can be a bit strange sometimes.
I prefer the word "unique." ;)
Hehehe... love the "schizonophribia" I think we ought to just come up with a viable definition and use it again! The picture that you put up for it is equally as good!
ReplyDeleteFun write to read!
Writers (and artists of any sort, I think) have to be a little nuts, or we wouldn't have anything, um, unusual to offer. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;O)
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful idea. I love where it took you. Awesome write, Ruz! ~barb k~
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for commenting! It's my first post for GBE2. So happy for the warm welcome and support!
ReplyDeleteI could picture you with your little kittens all snuggled up to you! You're such a great mom! Happy Birthday, sweetie. xoxox
ReplyDeleteOh & schizonophribia? Hahaha Ruz! :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha!! Lori!Yes, some words just don't stick in my head easily that's why I can never be a doctor or have a career in the medical field.:D The kittens adore you too!!! Thanks for the bday greetings!:D <3333!!!
ReplyDelete