Friday, April 6, 2012

Trouble in Paradise for Blogophilia


Topic: Blogophilia Week 6.5  Hilaria
Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2pts): include the Pacific Northwest tree octopus (Octopus paxarbolis)…
(Easy, 1pt): include a jackelope…


Blogophilia week 5.5 - "A new day"
Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2pts): incorporate a 60s dance move~twist
(Easy, 1pt): mention a song title by The Eagles




“God looked at everything he had made, and he found it very good.”  Genesis Chapter 1 verse 31

But even in Paradise,  Hilaria  doesn’t last  forever.

God started to notice a creature who had an instinct to hop but every attempt from him to do so only made him fall flat on the ground.  Apparently, the weight of its own horn was a barrier for him to move freely. (Now, this narrator ponders if there’s any part of my body which is here but shouldn’t be here).


God: I think I just made a mistake..but no...I am God.  God can’t make a mistake.  (This is just between you and me, God probably didn’t realize this: As a Supreme Being, He can’t make a mistake but He could have made a mistake).

God: Pssstt!!! Come over here!

Jackalope: Yes, Lord! Now, what am I doing here on earth?Why was I created?

God: That is not for you to contemplate. Can you pour the whole ocean into a glass? How can you comprehend an entity like Me with such tiny brain of yours?

Jackalope: I can! I’ll pour little by little the water’s ocean and wait for it to evaporate before I pour the next drop. It’s going to take reaaallly long and I might not be able to live to witness its completion but others can continue what I’ve started.

God: But then it will rain and rain and everything will just stay the same as it was in the beginning. Why would you want to spend your life on earth doing all that work? Wouldn’t you be happier if you just play with  fellow creatures on earth, watch the sunset, run with the wind?

Jackalope: I can’t hop, much less, run. Tried many times but ...

God: So I’ve noticed. We have to get rid of your heavy horn.

Jackalope: My horn! But this is beautiful! I want to keep it please God!Take away anything from me but not this one!

God: But it doesn’t belong to you. That crown is indeed beautiful but it’s not beautiful on you because it only restricts your movement...it doesn’t make you reach your full potential.

Jackalope: Oh, I am not hearing you! Why not focus your attention to your other creations?! Just what is that octopus doing up there on the tree?!

God: That’s not the same octopus you have in mind. That octopus is actually part of the tree. It’s called octopus paxarbolis.





Jackalope:  I don’t think so.

God: It is if I say so.

Jackalope: Hmmm... there must be a way to prove it. Maestro, bring it on!

(Well, this is Paradise,it can't be without music).


Adam and Eve surely as bore as hell in paradise, came forward and danced! 



The jackalope with all its might did the twist and with its butt shook the tree until a real octopus fell from the tree and dropped on the ground dead.

God: You killed him.

Jackalope: No, you did. It’s been dead before it hit the ground.  Why would you put an octopus out of the water  in the first place if you hadn’t plan tricking me? Or was it another God’s mistake?

God in His fury, instead of reconstructing the jackalope, created another creature with the same horn but different body.  It had long legs and big body. It also ran fast and not long after began chasing the jackalope and killed it before it could propagate its species. ( But the tale persists that jackalop exists  to this day . People would always believe what they want to believe. And this is how others believed what really happened...)



The jackalope ran as fast as he could... as far as he could. Despite the heavy weight on its head, it  managed to hop and flee from its predator . It was a long road out of Eden..a night filled with darkness and hunger: neither God nor the jackalope knew whose mistake it was . ..if  there was any mistake at all.(God wouldn't care less. To Him, it was just another day, but to the jackalope, it was the start of a new day to live a life of no regrets and guilt ).

Happy Lent Season everyone. No matter who or what you believe in. 

4 comments:

  1. I agree, Paradise simply has to have music....and a soundtrack!!!! Great write Ruz! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Colleen! I'm wondering though if there's any upgrade going on now in the sound system up there,LOL! Thanks for coming over !

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back! We have missed you! I wish you had separated the blogs making one for 5.5 and a separate one for 6.5 If you had I could have awarded you points for your 5.5 blog and your 6.5 blog, unfortunately Since the blogs are combined I can only score you on the 6.5 blog, I wish it were different but this is how it has always been. 8 points Earthling! :)
    Marvin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I didn't know that Marvin! I thought I would get 16 points,LOL!The scoring system is fair and makes sense actually. I'll take note of that,Sir :)And yes, it's great to be back again! My week wasn't complete without posting anything for the group and when I came back ,I felt this is like a real family to me :)

      Delete